Actuaries & Investment Consultants
Ground Floor, 14 Exchange Quay
Salford Quays, Manchester, M5 3EQ
Tel.: 0161 873 9350, Fax: 0161 877 4851
The following is a brief outline of the services we provide:
1) General investment advice on a non-discretionary basis. (Please note we do not actually manage clients' assets.)
2) Specific advice on investment strategy including liaison with existing investment managers and the selection (where
appropriate) of new managers, where the products used may include life assurance companies, unit and investment trusts.
3) Provision of general investment information and general advice on the different types of investments available to the
particular institutional investor.
4) Reporting on performance, drawing on WM and/or CAPS data as appropriate. This is complemented by the provision
of statistical, actuarial and other analytical material on an ad hoc basis.
5) Modelling the development of the institutionís assets and liabilities.
6) Detailed advice on selection of investment managers, including written recommendations, the drawing up of a short list
of prospective investment managers, and arranging for either presentations to Trustees, or visits by Trustees to prospective
7) Advice on agreements between Trustees and investment managers and / or custodians.
8) Advice on efficient transfer of assets between managers, and ongoing cashflow management. (This includes
consideration of in specie transfers, and post-transfer analysis of the actual transaction costs incurred.)
9) Trustee Training on investment matters.
Other investment consultancy services, provided they are permitted by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, may also be
agreed between us and our clients.
Further services provided specifically for pension funds:
10) Advice on the preparation and subsequent updating of a Statement of Investment Principles as required by Section 35
of the Pension Act 1995.
11) Advice on the choice of investment managers for any AVC arrangements which form part of the scheme.
12) Modelling the sensitivity of the scheme eg for FRS17, or the interaction of deficits and contributions.
Jagger & Associates Ltd is not authorised under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 but we are able in certain
circumstances to offer a limited range of investment services to clients because we are members (as defined under that
Act) of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, a Designated Professional Body. We can provide these investment services
if they are an incidental part of the professional services we have been engaged to provide.
Products & Services
Incorporated in England with limited liability. Registered number 3787206
Registered Office: Jagger & Associates Limited, Ground Floor, 14 Exchange Quay, Manchester M5 3EQ
Regulated by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries in respect of a range of investment business activities
© Jagger & Associates, May 2013. All rights reserved.